Our purpose is to improve lives of disabled people with artistic inclinations by providing them with various venues of expressing their talents while addressing their special needs.
Main goal of our “Para Art Foundation” is to integrate our cerebral palsy and disability community in general, into the society and to provide outlet for this population’s creative growth.
We would like to unite creative people with physical limitations and give them opportunities to feel valuable and be equal members of our culture, to be the one, who are not isolated, but pursuing active role and able to contribute a lot into the world around them.
Our non-profit is aiming to raise international awareness for such purpose, and to build up an inclusive platform (aka ParaArts Centers), which will be able to addressing broad spectrum of needs for our impaired community, to evolve and promote their progress and eventually, to form a new paradise of perception towards its members all around the Globe.
Such platform will establish unique database of talented people, which is now invisible to the world, and gather all available sources that will help them to express their gifts through multiple forms of arts, to asserting their creative rehabilitation tool into professional craftsmanship and hence, to open up for them venues and opportunities to be recognized, to became vital part of society and also to be financially rewarded/ supported for their work.
To endorsing such goals, Para Arts Foundation is already launching several projects as of
- social media portals and educational websites, that are addressing special needs and provide open trainings for our special people, particularly individuals who dealt with cerebral palsy, as it is the everyday reality for our Founder, Viktoriya Gorelik.
- dedicating for our cause few artistic marathons on local areas of Brooklyn and Queens throughout last six years, including two an online exhibition, that showcasing creative art of our local impaired artists.
- creating pilot clothing line, which are Specifically targeting various difficulties for individuals with physical limitations, and also seeking to give them solution (in the near future) to find affordable and fashionable apparels on easy accessible department stores.
- collecting and preparing material for publishing Anthology of writing excerpts and paintings, that made by physically challenged people.
- creating and supporting film/media projects, that voices out disability/cerebral palsy community. And recently began the pre-production of a unique 30-minutes short film with two actors with cerebral palsy in main and principal roles.
- and our most ambitious and multi-disciplined future Project – is to establish International Educational ParaArtCenter (as per example of YMCA).
On the base of that exclusive Center our special people will find complex and most complete (as of today) education, knowledge and trainings, which will be especially traverse and circumnavigate over their physical complications, mental blocks, everyday issues, and provide free or affordable courses on various disciplines to help reestablish their life on a new level;
- give them knowledge and access of cross-disciplines and practices, that is already existing and probed for physically challenged people in different cultures across the Globe for healing and coping according their needs;
- navigate them, support and stay connected with each other throughout their ordeal on the base of our Educational Centers, on the platform of our Website and our future ParaArts Café and Gallery, where will be promoted their art and hold conferences and events dedicated to our cause.
Our goals are:
- to improve lives of disabled people with artistic inclinations by providing them with various venues of expressing their talents while addressing their special needs.
- support artists with disabilities by promoting their creativity through and visual arts events. – Help disabled persons to enhance their artistic potentials by providing them with individualized education. – to bring together designers and other professionals to launch several brands of various products to provide special apparel, cosmetics, nutritional products, household items, cutlery, etc. for physically challenged people.